Chair: Prof. Sanjay Srivastava, DA-IICT Gandhinagar (email@example.com)
Vice Chair: Anup Shah, Founder CEO, InSignEx (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Vinay Palaparthy, DAIICT Gandhinagar (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Abhishek Jani, eInfochips Ahmedabad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice Chair, Technical Activity: Abhishek Jani, eInfochips Ahmedabad (email@example.com)
Vice Chair, Educational Activity: Dr. Mahmadasraf Mulla, NIT Surat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Immediate Past Chair: Dr. Anil Roy, DA-IICT Gandhinagar (email@example.com)
Chair: Prof. Sanjay Srivastava, DA-IICT Gandhinagar
Secretary-cum-Treasurer: Abhishek Jani, DA-IICT Gandhinagar
Vice Chair, Technical Activity: Mr. Anup, Founder CEO, InSignEx, Anand0
Vice Chair, Educational Activity: Dr. Mahmadasraf Mulla, NIT Surat
Immediate Past Chair: Dr. Anil Roy, DA-IICT Gandhinagar
Chair: Anil K Roy, Senior Member, IEEE
Secretary-cum-Treasurer: Dhruv Gupta
Vice Chair, Educational and Technical Activity: Sanjay Srivastava, Senior Member, IEEE
Students Engagement: Abhishek Jani
- Technical talks
- Large Area Soft eSkin for Advances in Robotics, Prosthesis and Wearables 14 Dec, 2019
- 3D-printing From Single Material to Multi Material Printing 13 Dec, 2019
- Speaker: Prof. Ravinder Dahiya (Title of the talk: Distinguished Lecture on 3D-printing: From Single Material to Multi Material Printing)
- Speaker: Anil K Roy (Title of the talk: IoT and 5G – Who is Driving Whom?)
- Speaker: Anil K Roy (Title of the talk: Disruptive Technologies: Tighten Your Seatbelt)
- Speaker: Anil K Roy (Title of the talk: The Paradigm of Borderless Technologies: Let’s understand it …)
- Speaker: Anil K Roy (Title of the talk: Welcome to the World of Disruptive Technologies)
- Speaker: Sandro Carrara (Title of the talk: Bio/Nano/CMOS for memristive sensing)
- Speaker: Prof. Rick Blum (Title of the talk: Cyber Attacks on Internet of Things Sensor Systems for Inference)
- Speaker: Manoj Saxena (Title of the talk: Fundamental Insights into Channel and Gate Engineered Double Gate Junction-Less Transistor for Low-Voltage Low-Power Analog and Digital Circuits)
- Inaugural Talk of the Chapter – Speaker: Prof. Yogesh Gianchandani
- Innovative Design using 3D Printer
- Student Engagement & Projects- Educational Activity- MYOSA (Supported & sponsored by IEEE Sensors Council) 29 Oct, 2019
- 3D Printing Workshop for Beginners 16-17 Nov, 2019
- WiSe (Women in Sensors) Week 2020 (28 Sep, 2020)
- Winter School 2021, 6-7 Feb, 2021
- WoLT (Women Leading Technology) 2 Days International Webinar, 13-14 Dec, 2021
Encouraged by the initiation of 2020 IEEE President, Professor Toshio Fukuda, and IEEE R10 Director, Professor Akinori Nishihara, the IEEE Gujarat Section Sensors Council Chapter has started this ambitious project, “REACHING LOCALS.” The goal of the project is to provide a trusted source of educational resources and services to a section of aspiring people, primarily students, who previously did not have access. We believe that this initiative will inspire a global audience and expand knowledge for the benefit of humanity. A seed fund of USD $300 was received from IEEE Region 10 in acknowledgment of our initiative and effort.
We are currently translating the interesting and engaging engineering lessons of Try Engineering into the local language (Gujarati) in order to reach out to non-English speaking communities.
Check out these select lessons:
- Aerospace Engineering (IEEE TryEnginnering link of this lesson may be found here)
- A Day in The Life of an Ocean Engineer: Interview with Brandy Armstrong (IEEE TryEnginnering link of this lesson may be found here)
- Environmental Engineering Technology (IEEE TryEnginnering link of this lesson may be found here)
- September is Read A Book Month! (IEEE TryEnginnering link of this lesson may be found here)
- Engineering Lesson Plan Toolkit (IEEE TryEnginnering link of this lesson may be found here)
- It’s Time To Celebrate Black Holes! (IEEE TryEngineering link of this lesson may be found here)
We will keep adding more and more translated lessons in this list.
To make this project sustainable in terms of content translation, we are taking help of 11-12th grade science students and first year undergrad engineering students.
We hope that this will enhance IEEE’s visibility in local community.
Dr. Anil K Roy, chapter chair won the prestigious IEEE Sensors Council 2017 Meritorious Service Award, “For tireless volunteer efforts and innovations in recording of IEEE SENSORS presentations, next-day web-downloads and outstanding leadership in creating increased IEEE Sensors Council visibility and reputation through web-presence.”
Outstanding Chapter Award 2018
IEEE Sensors Council Chapter of Gujarat Section won the Outstanding Chapter Award 2018 October 2019 in Montreal.